2013 Apprenticeship Programs
The ancient practice of herbalism is re-birthing itself as a contemporary healing art, in our homes, hospitals and clinics. Herbal medicine, used wisely, is effective in response to many acute and chronic conditions. You will learn specific, practical skills and do much of your work outside with the plants themselves.
I offer hands-on, intensive and in-depth teaching including:
- Plant identification – season by season; roots, leaves, stalks, flowers, fruits, and seeds.
- Ethical Wildcrafting – when, where, and how to gather and dry medicinal plants.
- Medicine-making – prepare your own tinctures, liniments, oils, infusions, decoctions, syrups, salves, and honeys.
- Medicinal uses – a wealth of information on the properties of plants, how to extract them, and their effects on each of the body’s systems.
- Case histories – actual stories of women, men, children and animals who have healed with the help of herbs.
- Tree medicine – all of the above applied to the bark, twigs, leaves, and flowers of local trees.
This aspect of the apprenticeship program invites you to immerse yourself in the creative magic of the earth. Re-connecting with nature is the healing balm your spirit seeks. You will explore worlds beyond words and enter dimensions of sacred consciousness; opening yourself to experience your kinship with all life.
This brings real joy.
Our work here includes:
- Earth-honoring ceremonies and celebrations – giving thanks, creating sacred space and engaging the elements.
- Moon Cycle Wisdom – lunar cycles help guide women and men, new and full moon meditations help turn dreams into reality.
- Body/Breath/Energy practices – yoga and chi kung help you to be present and cultivate your unique rhythms.
- Plant Spirit meditations – guided journeys deepen your relationships with plants.
- Trance-work – singing, chanting, tarot readings; developing intuitive gifts.
- Personal guidance – each apprentice receives individual teachings and suggested practices appropriate to his or her path.
In 2013 there will be 2 distinct Apprenticeship Programs, both held in the West Milford area of New Jersey.
These progams provide a solid foundation for developing your knowledge and competence as an herbalist, whether you plan to become a practicing herbalist, or simply desire to be better able to care for yourself and your family.
The apprenticeship program is a three year program, but you may apprentice for one, two or three years depending on the level of training you are seeking.
A certificate is given upon completion of the three year program.